Home > Student Admission > International Students
|INNOVA JUNIOR COLLEGE|
YISHUN JUNIOR COLLEGE
International Students Seeking Admission to Yishun Junior College in 2018
International students with good academic results are welcome to apply to pursue a junior college education in Yishun Junior College from October 2017 to 5th Jan 2018 .
Application Pre-requisites for Admission
1. Your year of birth is from 2nd Jan 1999 to 2001.
2. You must have good academic results from your last 2017 examination results in your previous school, scoring at least five distinctions in 5 different subjects;
- 1 distinction in English Language,
- 1 distinction in Mathematics,
- 1 distinction in Science or Physics or Chemistry or Biology,
- 1 distinction in Humanities subject or Geography or History or English Literature,
- 1 distinction in Mathematics or Science or Physics or Chemistry or Biology
3. Upon satisfying conditions 1 and 2,please download the application form here, print and complete the application form, affix a recent photo and attach photocopies of the following; which will be checked against the original:
- documents pertaining to educational qualifications and schooling history
- documents pertaining to personal particulars (eg birth certificate and passport)
- parents’ particulars and passports
- any other documents that would enhance your chance of admission
- checklist of application for school admission of international students (checklist to be given and completed in our college).
4. Eligible candidates will be scheduled to sit for entrance tests and an interview. Entrance tests are set for the following subjects:
- English Language (compulsory)
- Art aptitude test
Entrance test dates are 22 Nov, 24 Nov, 18 Dec and 20 Dec 2017; and 10 Jan and 12 Jan 2018.
The entrance test for English Language is compulsory as English is the medium of instruction for most subjects offered in our college.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin their preparation for the entrance tests as soon as possible. Each applicant is only allowed to take the entrance tests once.
Outcome Status of Application for Admission
Applicants are expected to demonstrate the knowledge and skills equivalent to a student who has done well for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination.
Any decision taken by the college is final.
Entrance Test Fee Rate for International Students
The standard International Student Entrance Test Fee Rate (inclusive of GST) for one subject is S$44 and S$22 for every additional subject.
Pre-University School Fees (Per Month) (Press release by MOE on 17 Oct 2017)
Cost of Studying in Yishun Junior College for International Students (IS)
The estimated cost of studying in Yishun Junior College is as follows:
Estimated Cost (in Singapore Dollars)
|Per month||Per Year|
|School Fees (IS of Non-ASEAN Nationality)*||$ 1,450.00||$ 17,400.00|
|School Fees (IS of ASEAN Nationality)*||$ 920.00||$ 11,040.00|
|Miscellaneous Fees||$ 27.00||$ 324.00|
|Lodging (a room in a flat, Yishun area)||$ 650.00||$ 7,800.00|
|Food||$ 500.00||$ 6,000.00|
|Transport (bus and MRT)||$ 51.00||$ 612.00|
|Books/Magazines/Publications/Enrichment programmes||$ 1,200.00|
|School Uniforms /Shoes (Once only)||$ 200.00|
|Total estimated cost for IS of Non-ASEAN Nationality||$ 33,536.00|
|Total estimated cost for IS of ASEAN Nationality||$ 27,176.00|
Enquiries/Entrance Tests: Please contact the Admission Executive, Mdm Yvonne Lee at Tel: 62579873 or
Please note that, in general, financial aid for international students in our college is very limited.
For other related information for international student admission, please visit the Ministry of Education websites at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students