Home > Student Admission > International Students
YISHUN INNOVA JUNIOR COLLEGE (YIJC)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (Intake 2019)
International Students Seeking Admission to Yishun Innova Junior College in 2019
International students with good academic results are welcome to apply to pursue a junior college education in YIJC from October 2018 to 4th Jan 2019 .
Application Pre-requisites for Admission
1. Your year of birth is from 2nd Jan 2000 to 2002.
2. You must have good academic results from your last 2018 examination results in your previous school, scoring at least five distinctions in 5 different subjects;
- 1 distinction in English Language,
- 1 distinction in Mathematics,
- 1 distinction in Science or Physics or Chemistry or Biology,
- 1 distinction in Humanities subject or Geography or History or English Literature,
- 1 distinction in Mathematics or Science or Physics or Chemistry or Biology
3. Upon satisfying conditions 1 and 2, please download the application form here, print and complete the application form, affix a recent photo and attach photocopies of the following; which will be checked against the original if you are eligible to take the entrance tests:
- documents pertaining to educational qualifications and schooling history
- documents pertaining to personal particulars (eg birth certificate and passport)
- parents’ particulars and passports
- any other documents that would aid in your application
- checklist of application for school admission of international students (checklist to be given and completed in our college).
4. Eligible candidates will be scheduled to sit for entrance tests and an interview. Entrance tests are set for the following subjects:
- English Language (compulsory)
- Art aptitude test
Entrance test dates are 3 Jan & 4 Jan 2019, and 10 Jan & 11 Jan 2019.
The entrance test for English Language is compulsory as English is the medium of instruction for most subjects offered in our college.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to prepare well. Each applicant is only allowed to take the entrance tests once.
Outcome Status of Application for Admission
Applicants are expected to demonstrate the knowledge and skills equivalent to a student who has done well for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination.
Any decision taken by the college is final.
Entrance Test Fee Rate for International Students
The standard International Student Entrance Test Fee Rate (inclusive of GST) for one subject is S$44 and S$22 for every additional subject.
Cost of Studying in Yishun Innova Junior College for International Students (IS)
The estimated cost of studying in Yishun Innova Junior College is as follows:
Estimated Cost (in Singapore Dollars)
|Per month||Per Year|
|School Fees (IS of Non-ASEAN Nationality) in 2019||$ 1,600.00||$ 19,200.00|
|School Fees (IS of ASEAN Nationality) in 2019||$ 980.00||$ 11,760.00|
|School Fees (Singapore PR) in 2019||$ 400.00||$ 4,800.00|
|Miscellaneous Fees||$ 27.00||$ 324.00|
|Lodging (a room in a flat, Yishun area)||$ 700.00||$ 8,400.00|
|Food||$ 600.00||$ 7,200.00|
|Transport (bus and MRT)||$ 60.00||$ 720.00|
|Books/Magazines/Publications/Enrichment programmes (excluding overseas trips)||$ 1,200.00|
|School Uniforms /Shoes (Once only)||$ 200.00|
|Total estimated cost for IS of Non-ASEAN Nationality||$ 37,244.00|
|Total estimated cost for IS of ASEAN Nationality||$ 29,804.00|
Enquiries/Entrance Tests: Please contact the Admission Executive, Mdm Yvonne Lee at Tel: 62579873 or
Please note that, in general, there is no financial aid for international students in our college.
For other related information for international student admission, please visit the Ministry of Education websites at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students